**LAST UPDATED: 24th February 2015**
So, yeah, it’s time to start up a new conspiracy theories page for Season 5 of AMC’s The Walking Dead. The Season 4 page is still up and being updated as there will be plenty of overlap, so you can still check it here.
But now it’s time to get this party started…
Black – Theory only, neither confirmed or denied yet
Red – Theory busted!
Green – Theory confirmed
Blue – Extra commentary
- Safe haven – just like in the comic books
- A false sense of security – especially to those that have read the comic books
- Deanna (Tovah Feldshuh) is hiding something from Rick’s group. My theory is that what/who ever attacked Shirewilt is also attacking the Alexandria Safe Zone and Deanna needs fight-ready individuals to protect their safe haven.
That Season 4 Cliffhanger Ending…
- Rick (Andrew Lincoln) has a plan. There is a lot of eyeballing going on between him and Carl (Chandler Riggs) before they end up in the train carriage. There is also substantial talking without talking between Carl, Daryl (Norman Reedus) and Michonne (Danai Gurira). Is it possible that Rick is finally gonna let his son be a grown up? √ The plan was to make homemade weapons from whatever they could find inside the shipping container.
There has been plenty of talk about Terminus already and you can catch up on it all here. But, in a nutshell, these are the theories:
- They are all cannibals √
This is a safe haven to begin with, but someone will try to take it over (can anyone sayWoodbury all over again?) Terminus is a great place to live, so long as you pay your tithe to the community across the other side of town
- The men from Daryl’s new group are from Terminus
- The country club that Daryl and Beth visited is tied in with Terminus somehow
Terminus is experimenting on a cure, hence why we see the pile of human bones in the Season 4 finale
- ‘A’ means arrivals. ‘D’ means departures in Terminus. Could the departures be people being eaten or experimented on? √
- Will be worse than the Governor (David Morrissey) √ Worse, but short lived thank goodness!
Is just the puppet master of Mary (Denise Crosby) Is actually a good guy
- She’s the ringleader at Terminus.
- She’s really Lizzie’s (Brighton Sharbino) mum
- She’s the woman in the house Carl and Michonne ransacked in Season 4, Episode 11 (entitled Claimed)
Beth is already in Terminus.Beth was in Slabtown. Beth is the grilled meat on the BBQ Mary is tending Beth was abducted by the leader of Terminus and she is now being held as a sex slave.
- According to Examiner.com, the Beth story arc will be a drawn out process. If this is true, it is possible she is not the BBQ meal. √
Beth has been kidnapped by the TV version of Father Gabriel (a comic book character). Terminus and the hospital Beth is at are interlinked
- The hospital Beth is at is experimenting with cures. This isn’t likely now after Episode 4 (entitled Slabtown) of Season 5.
- He’s not really a scientist √ Confirmed in Episode 5 (entitled Self help) of Season 5.
- He learned all his fancy knowledge from video games
Carol and Tyreese
They were the first caught and are already in Terminus. They weren’t caught at all and Carol was, in fact, the one who rescued Rick’s Group from Terminus in Episode 1 (entitled No Sanctuary) of Season 5.
- They are currently watching Terminus and have seen what is going on, so will hatch a plan to get everyone out. √
Carol was the meat being served up by Mary in Season 4, Episode 15 (entitled Us).Carol is still alive.
Daryl & Carol
- Yet another season with zero action *sigh*
Daryl Dixon (Norman Reedus) will reveal he is gay. While Robert Kirkman is the source of this rumour and we all know what a troll he can be when it comes to messing with fans heads, the showrunner, Scott Gimple, has now added merit to this theory after he revealed there would be a gay character revealed in Season 5.It has been confirmed by AMC that Daryl is not gay. Carol is so relieved to see Daryl again after she rescues him from Terminus that she forces herself onto him (well, there is a lot of 50 Shades of Grey movie hype going on at the moment…)
- Bob was bitten by the walker that dragged him under the water in Episode 2 (entitled Strangers) of Season 5. Since he is now on the menu for Gareth’s (Andrew J. West) group, he will reveal this fact to them and completely gross them out by the fact that they have been eating tainted meat. √
Father Gabriel Stokes
- Father Gabriel (Seth Gilliam) panicked during the initial outbreak and locked people out of the church rather than giving them sanctuary there. √
Beth, being a tad unhinged herself, has been drawn into Father Gabriel’s circle. Think Father Grigori from Half Life, another gun-toting priest who wields the sword of righteousness. (thanks to marctom1 for this theory)
Who Is Daryl With at the End of Episode 3 (entitled Four Walls and a Roof)?
Carol – but she’s injured/bitten/already a walker Beth Morgan (Lennie James) (Thanks to fuonlyknew for this idea) Daryl is a prisoner and his captor walks out of the treeline
- Noah (Tyler James Williams) √
Do you have any new theories for Season 5 of AMC’s The Walking Dead that you’d like to share? If so, please let me know in the comment below!
Carol (Melissa McBride) is a Trojan horse sent in to single handedly bring down the hospital.At the end of Episode 6 (entitled Consumed), Carol was hit by a Slabtown car and taken to Grady Memorial.
Mid Season Finale
- Beth will die. √
Carol will die. We will think Carol dies but we will find out she is alive when The Walking Deadreturns next February. We won’t see Father Gabriel at all in this episode
- Dawn will die. √
- Morgan (Lennie James) will turn up at the church right at the very end of the episode. √
- Rick died after being abandoned in the hospital and reanimated. However, he is immune to the zombie virus and is now possibly the cure (Source: pnut3844 –roamersandlurkers.com)
- The whole series of The Walking Dead is just a coma dream. After Rick was shot in Episode 1 of Season 1, the theory is he never regains consciousness. Added to this theory is the fact that the people he imagines meeting are actually medical professionals. ie. Hershel Greene (Scott Wilson) is Rick’s doctor. Maggie (Lauren Cohan) and Beth (Emily Kinney) are nurses, etc. For extra bonus points, in Season 3 when Rick was going crazy and seeing visions of his dead wife, Lori (Sarah Wayne Callies), fans have speculated that Rick is actually seeing visions of his real wife as he slips in and out of consciousness.
As of 25th October, Walking Dead creator, Robert Kirkman has gone on record with the following statement in relation to this theory:
Going on record to answer this: http://t.co/3lhUI6A3bW Rick is NOT still in a coma. The events of TWD are definitely happening.
— Robert Kirkman (@RobertKirkman) October 24, 2014
- Being the known fan stirrer that he is, he then followed his tweet up with the following one conspiracy theory of his own:
But Carl and everyone else are all imagined. He actually NEVER found his family. He’s been crazy since he killed his first zombie. #joking?
— Robert Kirkman (@RobertKirkman) October 24, 2014
So it is still a little ambiguous as to Kirkman’s true intentions for the end of The Walking Dead.
- Since Judith was born as her mother was dying, she is immune to the zombie virus (Thanks to Eva for this theory😀 )
- Bob Stookey was involved in the helicopter crash we saw in Season 4, Episode 1. We will possibly never find this out now Bob has died.
- Carl Grimes (Chandler Riggs) will lose an eye just like he did in the comic books the TV show is based on.
- Glenn (Steven Yeun) will die in Season 5. There is now speculation running rife that Glenn will lose his life like he did in the comic books. While only time will tell, there are a few indications suggesting this could happen. Recently Alana Masterson (Tara) tweeted that someone ‘great’ was gone – could she have been referring to Glenn? Adding to the fuel is The Spoiling Dead claiming on their Facebook page that Steven Yeun had an emotional goodbye after filming one night. Personally, I would bet my money on the fact that if we find out Maggie (Lauren Cohen) is pregnant after their recent reunion, you can bet one of the pair will die – no one ever gets to be happy for long on The Walking Dead!
- What if Sheldon Cooper (from CBS’s The Big Bang Theory) caused the zombie apocalypse in The Walking Dead? I have a whole blog entry on this theory. You can read it by clicking here.
- The zombies will get faster in Season 5 (Thanks to marctom1 for this idea).
In fact, I might just expand this idea of Marc’s and suggest that where ever Beth is, and what ever they are doing with experimentation, it goes wrong somehow and instead of curing the walkers, it makes them faster.
- The Morales family from Season 1 will make an appearance.
Season 5 Death Predictions
- Maggie – but not by walkers…
- Father Gabriel because I’m sick of him already.
- Carl (Chandler Riggs). And it will be because he was told to stay in the house and he actually did.
- Rosita (Christian Serratos). My prediction she is bitten on either the leg or the midriff – can girls not remember to cover up during the zombie apocalypse???
In previous seasons there were a few recurring zombies. Let me know if you spot any in Season 5 and I will add them to the recurring zombie page.
- There appeared to be a LOT of zombies wearing the same flannel shirt in the Season 5 Premiere
- The blonde guy in Episode 1 (entitled No Sanctuary) of Season 5 who is eyeballing Rick at the trough before his is killed and bled out in Terminus is actually a guy called Sam (Robin Lord Taylor). You’ll remember him from Season 4. Rick and Carol bumped into him and his girlfriend when Rick was sending Carol on her one-way roadtrip.
- The zombie Carol kills in Episode 1 (entitled No Sanctuary) of Season 5 is actually Andrea (Laurie Holden):
There are plenty of similarities, but also some differences. For example, the last time we saw Andrea, her hair was up, her jacket was a little different to this one and her handcuffs were on the other wrist, but it could totally be her if Michonne misjudged her kill shot. Many people have survived head wounds before after all…
- The crazy guy (who looked like Charles Manson) Rick released from a shipping container in Episode 1 (entitled No Sanctuary) was actually the same guy who we saw raping and pillaging the original inhabitants of Terminus.
The Spoiling Dead – Facebook page
(Photo Credits: AMC/Rachel Tsoumbakos/Dead Talk)
- THE WALKING DEAD: Conspiracy Theories for Season 4 (racheltsoumbakos.wordpress.com)
- THE WALKING DEAD: What Kind of Hell is Terminus Anyway? (racheltsoumbakos.wordpress.com)
- The Walking Dead Storylines – Conspiracy Theories or Plot Bunnies (racheltsoumbakos.wordpress.com)
- Some Stuff and Things to do until The Walking Dead Season 5 (racheltsoumbakos.wordpress.com