**UPDATED: 3rd April 2013***
Okay, so with last week’s episode and the notion a lot of Walking Dead fans hold that Carol (Melissa McBride) isn’t dead, I got to thinking (thanks Tracy Gollins!) about all the theories and ideas I have had or heard about the show.
Let’s make this fun by posting some of the more interesting theories out there for Season 3 of AMC’s The Walking Dead. As time passes, and theories get added, changed, proved or disproved, I’ll edit and repost the list. Anyone who has an interesting idea, or who has read the comic series and would like to prove or disprove theories, let me know in the comments below and I will alter concepts at will.
- Everything going on in The Walking Dead is just a coma dream of Rick’s
- Rick died after being abandoned in the hospital and reanimated. However, he is immune to the zombie virus and is now possibly the cure (Source: pnut3844 – roamersandlurkers.com)
- Michonne’s armless, jawless walkers were once people close to her (Source: examiner.com) √
Rick get captured by the Woodbury gang and Merle will cut off his hand(Source: walkingdead.wikia.com) – Merle is now dead therefore he can’t cut off Rick’s hand. Also, I guess the Woodbury gang is now officially the prison gang.
- Blog follower ryanzawo has an interesting idea that involves Glen secretly speaking to the Tyreese crew and sending them in as spies to Woodbury. How AWESOME would that be?!
- Blog follower Ryan Brennan has come up with the awesome idea that perhaps Rick (or all the characters) are in purgatory
- Recurring zombie man – what’s going on with that? Is it an easter egg?
Carol Isn’t Dead
She’s the voice on the end of the phone
- She’s hidden somewhere in the prison √
She is dead and just not found yet She’s a zombie
- WetPaint have mentioned a spoiler that has Daryl (Norman Reedus) searching the prison for Carol and finds a zombie with a fresh knife wound. Assuming it’s Carol, he panics because she now no longer has a weapon. He eventually finds Carol but she is near death/almost powerless √
- Carol is alive and her and Daryl will hook up (Source: blog reader anabbloggin)
Lori Isn’t Dead
- She didn’t get eaten by the zombie (after all, didn’t the blood trail lead AWAY from the zombie?)
- She is a zombie (Really, did we SEE Carl (Chandler Riggs) shoot his mum? Or did he shoot while not looking and didn’t check for the head shot before leaving) – Carl said to Daryl that he shot his mum in the head – this is still inconclusive as far as I’m concerned!
Carol found Lori (Sarah Wayne Callies) and patched her up before she died (hence the reason for her operating practise on zombies AND the blood trail)– STILL can’t see the point for Carol learning how to operate on a zombie! Unless it was just to show that there was someone OUTSIDE the prison looking in? Did Rick (Andrew Lincoln) pick up a tooth? Didn’t Michonne (Danai Guriri) say by removing the teeth, zombies become more docile? Just putting it out there…– it turned out to be a bullet that Rick picked up.
- There is still some belief that Lori is still alive – especially after Robert Kirkman said that Lori WASN’T a ghost in Episode 10 of The Walking Dead. He also went so far to say that possibly Carl wasn’t a very good shot. Although this could just merely be the creator of the comics messing with our heads! (Source: Episode 10, Talking Dead, AMC)
- Lori is Rick’s moral compass
- This guy is a fruit loop – anything is possible! So hit me up with your ideas everyone 😀
- He’s keeping more than his zombie daughter, his wife is floating around too
- Each of those zombie-head fishes belong to someone he knows (or personal conquests of his)
- He kills Andrea (Source: Nicole Antonia Carson) √ – Well he mortally wounds Milton, who in turn bites Andrea, so ‘technically’ it’s true…
- The Governor was bitten during his zombie attack in Episode 13, Prey (Thanks to Tracy Gollins for this theory)
- The Governor will abduct Michonne directly after the Season 3 finale. The prison crew will notice in the first episode of Season 4. The Governor will now torture her at Woodbury.
The Person/People Watching the Prison
The Governor’s (David Morrissey) crew
- Andrew (Markice Moore) (the inmate Rick locked out with the zombies). He found a weak point in the wire and escaped. Since then he kept watching the prison, looking for a way to get back in and stir up trouble. √
Who’s on the Phone?
Carol – she’s stuck in another part of the prison, trapped in by zombies and she’s that desperate she tried calling out
- Lori – Rick is crazy √
- Amy (Emma Bell) and/or Jim (Andrew Rothenberg) – there is a theory that Rick gets 3 calls, the first from Amy (Andrea’s (Laurie Holden) deceased sister), the second from Jim (who died in Season 1) and the final call from Lori – once again, Rick is koo-koo-la-la (Source: Wetpaint) √
The Governor is messing with Rick’s head Morgan (Lennie James) – remember walkie-talkie guy? That’s Morgan. Maybe Rick is still trying to contact him and has mentioned the name of the prison. Warden of the prison, holed up with a group of security guards (Source: blog reader Gypsy) State Capitol looking for survivors in their state departments (Source: blog reader Gypsy)
Zombie Fight Club
- This is apparently a crucial plot bunny according to Michael Rooker (Merle). Once again, this source is credited to WetPaint. Can’t work out WHY it would be a big plot point though – any ideas?
- Was Merle hinting at the upcoming mid-season finale when making reference to the above statement?
The glory of Merle winning Zombie Fight Club will go to his head and he will try to take over Woodbury (Source: blog reader Gypsy)Merle died in Episode 15 of Season 3, he is now incapable of taking over Woodbury.
How Merl Dies
Michonne kills him (Source: Tracy Gollins)
- Daryl kills him (How AWESOME would this be?!)√ (Turns out to be not as awesome as I thought)
Andrea kills him The Governor kills him
Please let me know if you would like to add to the list!
Episode 10 – Talking Dead, AMC
(Photo Credits: AMC)