Love is to Die.
Here we are at the penultimate episode of True Blood. The picture says it all. I can’t believe it is almost over! Without any more tears, here’s what went down in Episode 9 (entitled Love is to Die) of HBO’s True Blood Season 7:
- Bill Compton (Stephen Moyer) takes the emo crown from Eric Northman (Alexander Skarsgard) and decides he’d rather die than drink Sarah Newlin’s (Anna Camp) Hep-V antidote blood. Last laugh is on you anyway Bill as people are tired of your mopey ways and continual torment you bring to Sookie Stackhouse (Anna Paquin). Just die already now.
- Speaking of Sookie. She slaps Bill repeatedly until Eric steps in and stops her. Bad Eric :-(
- Sam Merlotte (Sam Trammell) makes his decision. You know the one we really don’t care about? Anyway, he leaves with Nicole (Jurnee Smollett-Bell).
- Hoyt Fortenberry (Jim Parrack) and Bridgette (Ashely Hinshaw) finally work out she was just a plot device to cause drama between Hoyt and Jessica. As a result of this, Hoyt hooks up with Jessica and Bridgette is left to help Jason Stackhouse (Ryan Kwanten) work out that you can lie down in bed with a woman without resorting to shagging her. Yeah, looks like a perfectly placed happy ending for Jason and Bridgette…
- Eric becomes a relationship counsellor and has to sort out the mess between Bill and Sookie. (Just let Bill die already Eric and then you can swoop in score the girl!) Long story short: Bill mopes, Eric falls for it, Eric talks to Sookie and then vampire flies her home so she can take a call from Bill.
- For some reason yet unknown to us the Yazuka decides Sarah Newlin should be a blonde again. And for more seemingly stupid reasons, they decide Pam (Kristin Bauer van Straten) should be the hairdresser. Is it just me or have all the vampires on True Blood forgotten they have super speed. Just kill those Yakuza already Pam!
- Then this happens:
- Yeah, Eric goes crazy after having to be deal with relationships and feelings and shit and has sex with Ginger (Tara Buck). For three seconds.
- Next we discover that Pam has been tied up by Mr. Gus (Will Yun Lee) who really doesn’t trust Eric and Pam at all. He demands to know the truth about Sookie while continually cutting the ropes leading to a possible stake through the heart for Pam. Seriously, what was I saying earlier about vampires forgetting their own strength? Eric you need to zip around at vamp speed and decapitate the dungeon full of Yakuza LIKE YOU DID WHEN YOU HAD HEP-V AND WERE “APPARENTLY” WEAKER. Instead he admits Sookie knows about Sarah and now Mr. Gus wants to know where Sookie lives. Way to get the girl Eric!
- So we are back at Sookie’s and she has agreed to let Bill call on her like a good ole fashioned southern woman. Except Bill reaches up to knock on the door and…. Roll the FUCKING credits why don’t you HBO?!?!
So, what did you think of Episode 9 of True Blood? Are you excited or sad leading up to the final episode ever? Let me know by commenting below!
(Photo Credits: HBO Inc./Rachel Tsoumbakos)
- IN A NUTSHELL: True Blood Season 8 Episode 7 Recap (racheltsoumbakos.wordpress.com)