Death is Not the End
Okay, so I’m late again with my recap – but at least this time it’s not because the episode sucked! In fact, this is my favourite episode so far for Season 7. Here’s what went down in HBO’s True Blood Season 7 Episode 4, entitled Death is Not the End:
- Alcide’s (Joe Manganiello) dad gets a call from Sookie (Anna Paquin) about the death of his son.
- Jason (Ryan Kwanten) calls Hoyt (Jim Parrack) and tells him about the death of his mother, Maxine (Dale Raoul). *insert bawling here* Poor Hoyt has no idea who Jason is thanks to all that heartbreak that occurred in Season 6 and Jessica (Deborah Ann Woll) glamouring her and Jason out of his head. Seriously, this would have to be one of my all time favourite scenes from True Blood!
- We lose emo Eric this week – YAY! And we know we are in for a return to the good old days when Eric Northman (Alexander Skarsgard) appears from out between the legs of an airline hostess.
- Get ready for EPIC flashbacks this week! While Hoyt and Jason was my fave scene, the trip back to the 80s are my fave flashbacks. We return to Eric and Pam (Kristin Bauer van Straten) as they are being punished by the Magister (Zeljko Ivanek) for being so dreadfully boring in Episode 3. They are given a video store (complete with a hidden tunnel that has only just been mentioned. Gee, bet that won’t be important later on… *insert sarcasm here*) and Eric is made sheriff of Area 5 so the Authority can keep an eye on them. Pam is PISSED the whole way through, which is hilarious. And then in walks GINGER (Tara Buck). Except she is all smart and mousy. Although she is still hankering for vampires – even if they aren’t officially out of the closet yet.
- Sookie Stackhouse spends the entire episode keeping busy in an bid to starve off the sads that come with the death of Alcide. As a result things get done. Like they FINALLY work out the Hep-V vampers are holed up in Fangtasia and a plan is hatched.
- Speaking of Sookie. Let’s just say Eric walks into the room and Bill (Stephen Moyer) no longer stands a goddamned chance in hell of being with Sookie! Sookie and Eric spend the rest of the episode smoldering about all over the place.
- Sam (Sam Trammell) and Jason have to tell Rosie (Tess Alexandra Parker) about the death of her beau, Kevin (John Rezig). In the process they give out waaaay more information than they should to a Bon Temps resident who went bat shit crazy just one episode earlier. Is it accidental or are they hoping she will gather the stupid masses and march on Fangtasia. Because it’s sure as shit not something a lot of vampires want to do. Even with Pam and Eric showing up and Eric calling the maker card on Willa (Amelia Rose Blaire), there is only a group of 11 ready to storm Fangtasia…
- Jessica Hamby (Deborah Ann Woll) is still all mopey and vamporexic until Sookie arrives and tells Jess to suck it up – and she does, thanks to the free flowing veins of Lafayette (Nelsan Ellis).
- So it turns out it was Ginger’s idea to turn the video store of Eric and Pam’s into a nightclub – hell, she even came up with the name! That is until Pam glamours her. And so begins the great brain fry that will become the present day Ginger we all know and love…
- So that tunnel we just heard about? Turns out it was totally needed for Sookie and her meager Hep-V vamp fighting gang to get into Fangtasia without anyone noticing. But, just to be safe, they send in Sam first and Arlene (Carrie Preston) nearly has a heart attack when she leans that her boss is actually a shapeshifter!
- In the short amount of time it takes for Sam to return back to Sookie, the Hep-V vampers take Arlene upstairs and she becomes their equivalent of a smorgasbord.
- And then the Bon Temps mob turns up and it all goes to hell in a handbasket pretty quickly. A whole heap of fighting happens now and it gets a bit hectic.
- Bill wants to totally be the hero but he, unfortunately, is stuck down in the bowels of Fangtasia while Eric is knocking on the door of Fangtasia and claiming his Hep-V card as access. But it’s really the delicious aroma of Sookie and her magical fairy vagina that gets their toe in the door – and it’s just in the knick of time too since Arlene is close to being drained dry!
- Terry (Todd Lowe) returns! It’s only in a death dream Arlene is having though, but at least she gets some sort of closure and Terry convinces her to return to the land of the living. And thanks to vampire Keith (Riley Smith) giving her a blood drink straight from the source, she does return and I am bawling all over again.
- Vince (Brett Rickaby) gets a glass shard to the brain – go Bill!
- We end this episode with Eric and Sookie eye fucking each other from across the room.
What did you think of Episode 4 of True Blood Season 7? Let me know by commenting below!
(Photo Credits: HBO Inc.)
- IN A NUTSHELL: True Blood Season 7 Episode 3 Recap (racheltsoumbakos.wordpress.com)