I can’t believe it is nearly the season 1 finale of AMC’s Fear The Walking Dead! Cassidy has been doing a truly awesome job of recapping the show and I am going to miss her weekly snark. Hopefully though, she will hang around and add her opinion on season 6 of The Walking Dead when I recap it. At there is still one more episode left for her to recap: Episode 6 (entitled “The Good Man”).
Recently I did an article on everything you can expect to see in the season 1 finale over at The Inquisitr. In a nutshell, here’s what I had to say about Episode 6 of Fear The Walking Dead:
- There will be death — and LOADS of it! Showrunner Dave Erickson is saying this episode will be the “deadliest episode of the season“, which, for the Walking Dead fans complaining about the lack of zombies in the spin off series, doesn’t really say much. However, many fans are hoping Travis Manawa (played by Cliff Curtis) will be one of the casualties in the season 1 finale. Even though I have not been a fan of this character at all in the series, I think his evolution from Hershel’s “walkers are people too” mentality to Rick’s version of stuff-and-thangs-bat-shit-crazy could be an interesting journey. As far as I’ m concerned, some of those teens need to go. Erickson has suggested there could be an exploration into the relationship between Chris (Lorenzo Henrie James) and Alicia (Alycia Debnam-Carey), so that only leaves Nick (Frank Dillane) and he is another character I can see with too rich a story arc to get rid of already.
- The group will be divided. Already we have seen Liza (Elizabeth Rodriguez) and Nick taken away to the “Facility.” In Episode 6, my prediction is Liza gets taken with Dr. Exner during the evacuation rather than going to retrieve her son, Chris. I can also see Nick and Victor Strand (Colman Domingo) escaping and returning to the L.A. quarantine zone. However, the teaser video for Episode 6 shows Travis packing up his family to escape the “humane extermination” that is operation Cobalt. There is also the suggestion that there is a further divide as Chris implores that Travis doesn’t leave them. Although this may be an indication that Liza does indeed return to get Chris and Travis.
- AMC will premiere the spin off of the spin off, Fear The Walking Dead: Flight 462. This miniseries will be very similar to the webisodes AMC used to play in the lead up to a new season of The Walking Dead. However, at the culmination of this miniseries will be the introduction of a new Fear The Walking Dead character for season 2. You can find out more about this miniseries and who I think the new character might be here.
Episode 6 Viewing Information
- If you want to watch the entire season 1 of Fear The Walking Dead, AMC will be airing episode 1 through to the season 1 finale, starting from 3:15 p.m. EDT. While the pilot episode of Fear ran for 90 minutes, the season 1 finale will run for just over an hour.
- Fear The Walking Dead will get its first ever Talking Dead special episode. It will be hosted by Chris Hardwick and is scheduled to air after the finale episode at 10:00 p.m. EDT.
- For U.K. fans, Yahoo! announced that Fear The Walking Dead will air at 2 a.m. local time and then again at 9 p.m. local time so that die hard fans have the opportunity to view the season 1 finale of Fear at the same time as the U.S., thus avoiding spoilers across social media.
The season 1 finale of AMC’s Fear The Walking Dead will premiere on Sunday, October 4, 2015.
I also did an article on what fans can expect to see in season 2 of Fear The Walking Dead. If you want to find out more, you can check out my article here. What are you expecting to see in the season 1 finale of AMC’s Fear The Walking Dead?
[Image credits: AMC]