THE HOUSE OF BLACK AND WHITE
Here’s what went down in Episode 2 (entitled The House of Black and White), Season 5 of HBO’s Game of Thrones:
- We enter Episode 2 with Arya (Maisie Williams) on a boat. She heading for the mysterious House of Black and White a place
code for jedi knightyou go to for spiritual enlightenment. And that’s where Jaqen H’ghar (Tom Wlaschiha) resides. Remember him? He’s Arya’s ‘hire to kill’ guy. Now he is one of the Faceless Men. Arya is stubborn and refuses to leave after she is told to and hangs around until they finally let her in.
- So what happens when Baelish (Aidan Gillen), Sansa (Sophie Turner) and Brienne (Gwendoline Christine) walk into a bar? Turns out Brienne has a hissy fit and throws a trantrum because Sansa is the second Stark who is not falling about all over the place because Brienne wants to protect them. As a result of this Brienne goes back to her stalking ways and follows Sansa anyway…
- Cersei (Lena Heady) calls Jaime (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau) a bad father, because, you know, incest is hard and he should really try more around the kids even though he can’t try publicly… They have also been sent a threat from Dorne so Jaime decides to
prove Cersei wronggo and find their daughter and rescue her.
- Who the fuck are they??? Oh yeah, that guy… His girlfriend is annoying. But, wait, who’s that? Jaime fucking Lannister, that’s who. Jaime negotiates with what’s-his-face to go to Dorne with him. In return he will get a less annoying missus.
- Speaking of Dorne, Oberon’s lover lover, Ellaria (Indira Varma) is cranky. But that’s okay because the sand snakes will avenge Oberon (Pedro Pascal). She also wants the Lannister girl dead and returned back to Cersei in pieces. I think, in other circumstances, Cersei and Ellaria could be besties.
- What’s that? The unsullied are breaking down doors on empty house. Whoops, not empty, you just need to stab the walls. Apparently this has something to do with the return of slavery, but… yawns… Daenerys (Emilia Clarke).
- Okay, so Varys (Conleth Hill) and Tyrion (Peter Dinklage) are my new fave duo. The snark is delicious! Here they are just chillin’ and talking about ruling and life and how many dwarves Cersei will kill before Tyrion is the only one left. And then we cut (for want of a better word) to Cersei. With a midget head. Yeah we get it Cersei is a bitch who will kill her own brother for… reasons…
- Jon Snow (Kit Harrington) gets in trouble for showing mercy in Episode 1, then gets offered the Stark name if he will bend at the knee for King Douche Stannis (Stephen Dillane). When will this guy realise that no one likes him?
- Cersei thinking she can pretend to be king by attending council on King Tommen’s (Dean-Charles Chapman) behalf.
- Jon Snow… come on down! Congratulations on winning the honour of Commander of the Shadow Tower.
- Danys kills a guy to ‘prove a point’ Not surprisingly it goes pear shaped after that and everyone in Meereen gets shitty with her.
- Danys’s dragons are also pissy at her for locking her in a dungeon. While this wasn’t really a WTF moment, the fact the dragons didn’t cook her to a crisp was.
What did you think of Episode 2 of Game of Thrones? Let me know your thoughts by commenting below!
You can read my Episode 3 recap here.
(Photo Credits: HBO Inc.)
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Premiere Recap – Episode 1: The Wars to Come