Okay, so it was a public holiday over here in Australia yesterday. As a result of this, rather than fall behind in my recaps, I am doing a very quick ‘in a nutshell’ version. Here’s what went down in Episode 13 (entitled Forget) Season 5 of AMC’s The Walking Dead:
- Tribal alliances get stretched when Daryl Dixon (Norman Reedus) strikes up a hesitant friendship with Aaron (Ross Marquand) and Eric (Jordan Woods-Robinson).
- Always assume that if a horse appears on this show, it will get taken down by walkers. RIP Buttons.
- Rick’s (Andrew Lincoln) group still appear way too feral to be attending parties and socialising – and please would someone get Sasha (Sonequa Martin-Green) a therapist!
- Rick kisses Jessie (Alexandra Breckenridge) and even Rick doesn’t seem to believe it. Can anyone say ‘Shane kissed Lori’? Writers we want some Rick and Michonne (Danai Gurira) action!
- Speaking of Michonne, it was like this episode was a tarot reading for her. Here’s the two of swords, it’s only a tiny little number to go with this tiny little sword that is really a glorified toothpick (seriously, in a post-apocalyptic world this is the only toothpick you can find?!) Now here’s the ten of swords Michonne. See how it’s a big number? Yeah, that totally means you can hang up your really big real sword and be safe in Alexandria. So what does Michonne do? She actually literally hangs up her sword.
- And, also speaking of swords, not really sure why in Alexandria ‘hand over your weapons’ doesn’t actually mean swords and crossbows. But that’s okay, we can’t have icons walking around without their iconic items now can we AMC?
- I still think Deanna (Tovah Feldshuh) is planning to use Rick’s gang to protect Alexandria from the big bad she is keeping quiet about. Carol (Melissa McBride) shooting a walker with the letter ‘W’ freshly carved into its forehead and them not really kicking up a fuss about it was proof enough for me but if you want more, remember back to
ShitwireShirewilt? Yeah, those mutilated walker body bits all had ‘W’s’ carved into their foreheads as well. Then add into the mix the fact there was this graffiti:
- Rick gets get a stamp of the letter ‘A’ and doesn’t freak out at all. Can he not remember those douche bag cannibals back in Terminus?
- Someone find a pasta maker already #DumbGagAMC
- Rick stands in front of a street sign that reads Morgan Street. Yeah, pretty sure this is a reminder of Morgan (Lennie James). My prediction is we probably won’t see Morgan again until the Season 5 finale.
- Carol-FUCKING-Peletier. Thanks to this woman I am now terrified of looking at flowers AND cookies! While she is doing a pretty good job of being everyone’s fave granny, Carol is stealing guns and threatening to tie up small children and feed them to the walkers. If there is any time to put Carol into a car and drive her far, far away, now is that time Rick. I have no words for just how scared of Carol I am right now.
What did you think of Episode 13 of The Walking Dead? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below!
You can read my Episode 14 recap here.
(Photo Credits: AMC)
- The Walking Dead Season 5 Recap – Episode 12: Remember (racheltsoumbakos.wordpress.com)