Here’s what went down in Episode 8 (entitled Almost Home) of HBO’s True Blood Season 7:
- Sarah Newlin (Anna Camp) decides to be a martyr which means Eric Northman (Alexander Skarsgard) gets healed. YAY! Now we’re back to viking Eric and not sappy emo Eric – about bloody time! But first Eric needs to nearly kill Sarah so Pam (Kristin Bauer van Straten) can be a martyr right back at us to show yet again how much her maker means to her.
- Sookie Stackhouse (Anna Paquin) decides that a good way to enjoy the after-coital glow with Bill (Stephen Moyer) would be to dredge up the past. So we get to hear all about Queen Sophie and Bill’s betrayal all over again. Except this time we discover Sookie was meant to be a fairy breeder so Sophie could enjoy fae blood.
- Tara’s (Rutina Wesley) story line gets done, dusted and shelved forever (hopefully). Seems it was her daddy’s fault her mother was an addict, but at least we get closure.
- The Hoyt (Jim Parrack), Bridgette (Ashley Hinshaw), Jessica (Deborah Ann Woll) and Jason (Ryan Kwanten) sandwich gets an extra shot of hot sauce this week. Long story short: Hoyt doesn’t want kids, Bridgette cracks it and jumps in the car with Jason and they all end up with Jessica in Violet’s (Karolina Wydra) 50 shades of kinky fuckery dungeon. Luckily Hoyt is the last one to arrive and thanks to Violet falling prey to every villain’s arch nemesis; the monologue, that 800 year old crazy bitch gets done by a Fortenberry. <insert eye fucking from across the room between Hoyt and Jessica here>
- So Nu Blood is officially invented but hasn’t gone public yet. Seems Mr. Gus (Will Yun Lee) wants a product that acts like a bandaid and not a cure…
- Eric arrives at Bill’s to tell Sookie (because you would totally turn up at the house of your ex’s ex when tracking down your ex) about being healed. When Sookie spills the beans on Bill’s Hep-V. Eric tells her to stay in the house and he’ll be back. To which Sookie pulls a Carl (from AMC’s The Walking Dead) and doesn’t stay in the mother fucking house. Instead she heads on over to Fangtasia to fuck things up a bit more. Luckily she realises when she gets there that the Yakuza are too much for even Sookie Stackhouse to chew up and spit out so lets Eric fake glamour her out of the mess. But is this a lesson for her? Hell no mister! She sneaks into Fangtasia again, this time finding Sarah Newlin and working out she is the antidote and the messiah to all this Hep-V shit.
- Mr. Gus doesn’t trust Eric, Pam or Sookie one little bit yet leaves those crazy guys home alone while he returns to Dallas. What could possibly go wrong?
- All the vampires can miraculously wander around in the day time in Season 7, so long as they stay out of the sun. Remember when the vampires on True Blood couldn’t do that? Remember how hard it was to wake a vampire during the day time in previous seasons? Yeah me too…
- Bill dreams about Sookie and him having a baby Ifrit… Hang on a minute… Haven’t we done this shit already HBO? *cough* *Season 5* *cough* Yeah, thought so…
- So Sookie manages wake Bill from his Ifrit dreaming and drag him all the way to Fangtasia before Bill pulls the ‘I’d rather die than drink that shit’ card when offered Sarah Newlin’s miracle blood.
What did you think of Episode 8 of HBO’s True Blood Season 7? Do you think Bill will suffer the true death? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below!
You can read my Episode 9 recap by clicking here.
(Photo Credits: HBO Inc.)
- IN A NUTSHELL: True Blood Season 7 Episode 7 Recap (racheltsoumbakos.wordpress.com)