Yeah, so being late with my True Blood recaps is now my thing… Here’s what went down in HBO’s True Blood Season 7 Episode 6, entitled Karma:
- Eric Northman (Alexander Skarsgard) can kick butt – even with an unhealthy dose of Hep-V. That is until the Yakuza draws their wildcard – Pam (Kristin Bauer van Straten) on a platter. Seems they have captured her and now Eric and Pam are set to see their first sunrise together.
- Jessica (Deborah Ann Woll) finds out Bill (Stephen Moyer) has Hep-V so calls Jason (Ryan Kwanten) straight away. This pisses Violet (Karolina Wydra) off – at it would when your ex calls and you are all post-coital with your current – who pretends to be sleeping next to Jason at the time.
- Bill spends most of this episode in the queue at his solicitors office. Seems every sick vampers wants to make a will. Only they can’t thanks to a legal loophole Governor Burrell (Arliss Howard) created right before Bill beheaded him. Now the legal system is just a mess of corruption and Bill will have to legally adopt Jess before he can bequeath his estate to her. Bill ends up killing his solicitor rather than pay the $10 million bribe to get the front of the adoption queue. Oh, and did I mention he seems to have a special version of Hep-V? It seems to be more virulent than other cases this season.
- Enter Mr. Gus (Will Yun Lee). Yes, we knew he was coming, HBO just took their sweet time about it. He turns up with only minutes to spare before dawn to try and ‘negotiate’ a deal with Eric and Pam. Turns out he is the owner of the Yakanoma Corporation – that’s the guys who make Tru Blood. Seems he’s shitty as hell because he’s now bankrupt thanks to Sarah Newlin (Anna Camp), and that’s why he wants her dead. After a grand pissing contest, Pam shorts their shit out and a deal is struck at the eleventh hour.
- Speaking of Sarah, she’s headed straight to her sister’s house – just like Pam predicted. Amber (Natalie Hall) jumps on her by gets sick and passes out before she can kill her own sister. Once Amber recovers we discover Sarah has been keeping a secret – there was a Hep-V antidote. It’s just she drank it and now she is every sick vampire’s wet dream. So, basically, Sarah is this season’s Billith.
- There is a whole story line about Andy (Chris Bauer) and Holly (Lauren Bowles) getting into an argument because they find their kids in bed – together. You think it’s all about maybe Andy and Holly jumping into marriage a bit too quickly, but what it is really about is the fact that Adilyn (Bailey Noble) and Wade (Noah Matthews) are out alone. Turns out Violet is pissy enough at Jason to not only take it out on his house, but on his friends also. Seems she has a ‘safe house’ for Adilyn and Wade…
- Sookie Stackhouse (Anna Paquin) has a hangover, so she is shitty as hell when Jason arrives to wake her up and take her to see Jess. She is gutted once she finds out hte reason though. Especially since Bill took a bite out of her just the other night – could she be Hep-V positive? Could she have infected Bill? Yes, it turns out she does, and, yes, she could have.
- Lafayette (Nelsan Ellis) and Lettie Mae (Adina Porter) go trippin’ together. Lala only does it because he thinks Lettie May is V-fucked, but after they end up in the same trip together and Tara (Rutina Wesley) leads them to her childhood home, Lala is convinced otherwise.
- Sam (Sam Trammell) gets an ultimatum from Nicole (Jurnee Smollett-Bell). *yawn* Go home already Nicole.
- Eric, Pam and Mr. Gus storm Amber’s house – only to find Amber is cured of Hep-V!
- Bill returns home from his solicitors to find Sookie and Jessica, well… erm… sooking over his Hep-V status.
What did you think of Episode 6 of True Blood? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below!
You can read my Episode 7 recap by clicking here.
(Photo Credits: HBO Inc.)
- IN A NUTSHELL: True Blood Season 7 Episode 5 Recap (racheltsoumbakos.wordpress.com)