The Watchers on the Wall
What did everyone else think of Episode 9 (entitled The Watchers on the Wall) of HBO’s Game of Thrones Season 4? Personally, I was a bit crapped off with it 😦
Okay, so having Jon Snow (Kit Harrington) finally meet up with Ygritte (Rose Leslie) was pretty cool, but, as for the rest of it, it kinda went like this:
- Sword fight, sword fight, sword fight.
- Wow! Look at the giant and it’s pet mammoth!
- Sword fight.
- Is this really Game of Thrones or have I accidentally changed the channel and caught the tail end of The Lord of the Rings?
- Arguing – usually involving Jon Snow and people who are supposed to be more in charge than him
- Don’t die Samwell (John Bradley)!
- More bloody sword fighting… except this time it looks more like a scene from the History channel’s Vikings – which is pretty damn cool actually.
- Woolly-bloody-mammoths – with it’s ARSE on fire! *best scene of the night!*
- Ygritte! Awesome, it’s Ygritte
- Oh. NO!
- “Jon Snow, you know nothing.” *bitter tears*
- Release the hounds!
- What, are Castle Black ACTUALLY winning this fight?
- When are we gonna see something other than bloody sword fighting?
- Oh, look, there’s that wormy guy who chickened out and hid in the kitchen with Gilly (Hannah Murray) – hope he gets strung up next week…
- Cool! They killed a giant.
- Phew! The episode is over!
What I really want to know though, considering we are only one episode away from he Season 4 finale, is when the fuck are we going to find out the fate of Tyrion Lannister (Peter Dinklage)? Please don’t drag it out until Game of Thrones Season 5 HBO!
You can read my Episode 10 recap here.
You can view the Game of Thrones Season 4 Episode 10 (entitled The Children) preview below:
Sources: YouTube – Game of Thrones Season 4: Episode #10 Preview “The Children” (HBO)
History Channel – Vikings
(Photo Credits: HBO Inc.)
- Game of Thrones Season 4 Recap – Episode 8: The Mountain and the Viper (racheltsoumbakos.wordpress.com)