Okay, I will say, right off the bat, that HBO’s True Blood Season 6, Episode 7, entitled In the Evening, wasn’t my favourite. While it was still good, it just seemed to miss on a few levels. For starters, Terry Bellefleur’s (Todd Lowe) death just felt brushed over in favour of Billith (Stephen Moyer) showing off his daywalker capacities and then Sookie (Anna Paquin) and Benlow (Robert Kazinsky) just seemed – awkward. Not sure why, but their post-coitus glow just wasn’t there.
Hopefully, things will pick up next week though. In the meantime…
This is what went down:
- Eric Northman (Alexander Skarsgard) works out pretty quickly what’s going down with the Hepatitis V/Tru Blood contamination
- The breech is discovered at Vamp Camp – Eric still manages to escape with an ailing Nora (Lucy Griffiths) though
- Willa’s (Amelia Rose Blaire) still floating around with her severed hand, getting into places she isn’t allowed to be. She tells Pam (Kristin Bauer van Straten) about the Hepatitis V contamination – the snark in the room between them was just delicious BTW. However, Pam tells Willa to shut her trap about the Hep V – and with good reason. If no vampires are drinking it, then it’s a dead giveaway that they know about the contamination. So, with the exception of Jessica (Deborah Ann Woll) and Tara (Rutina Wesley), it seems the rest of the vamp crew at Vamp Camp are about to bite the dust
- Eric takes Nora to Billith and begs for him to fix her. While Nora is having no part of it (and we discover her stubbornness goes back to before she was turned), Billith ends up giving her his blood. It doesn’t work and we are left with a devastated Eric when Nora finally dies and ends up a puddle of goo in his lap. Of course, Eric’s fanbase (myself included) are more than happy to help ease the Viking’s pain and suffering at losing a sibling…
- Sarah Newlin (Anna Camp) discovers Governor Burrell’s (Arliss Howard) head – can anyone say necrophilia? Ew! The dead head kissing scene is GROSS! But, Sarah goes on to be her so-good-to-be-bad self and declares that no one need know about the Gov.’s death AND MANAGES TO PULL IT OFF!
- Sookie and Benlow talk marriage and shit. Yawn. Then Sookie hears Arlene (Carrie Preston) crying and light beams out of fairyland to help her friend in her hour of need. Arlene (of course) spills her guts over everything: the glamour, Terry’s visit to Lafayette (Nelsan Ellis); the whole kit and caboodle. Sookie goes back to the Bellefleur house and we find Andy (Chris Bauer) holding up remarkably well. Porcia (Courtney Ford) has arrived and Adeline (previously fairy #1) are there too. Sookie makes telepathy with Adeline and then her and Lala go off to check out what’s in Terry’s safety deposit box – can anyone say $2,000,000.00? Yep, and the insurance was only bought 3 days prior. Really? Will the insurance company really pay it out?
- Sam Merlotte (Sam Trammell) finds out about Terry and sends Nicole (Jurnee Smollett-Bell) back home to mummy while he prepares to return to Bon Temps. Shame Rikki (Kelly Overton) picks up Nicole and her mum and calls Alcide’s (Joe Manganiello) bluff when he announces to his pack that they (along with Sam) are dead. Whoops. Although, shit FINALLY got interesting in the werewolf story line…
- Jessica gets a visit from Jason Stackhouse (Ryan Kwanten). After a bit of a chat and a clearing up of why he’s kitted up in Vamp Camp, Jess asks for Jason to bring her
Edward CullenJames (Luke Grimes). Yummy! Yes, there is gratuitous nudity. Yes, we all have a new team to drool over (so long as he stops being so tortured about his existence). Yes, Jessica tells him about the Hep V. Hope James doesn’t end up a goo puddle though…
- So Sarah can now tell Jason that his leverage with the Governor is gone. Hang on, weren’t we keeping this a secret Sarah? Oh well, Jason’s being chucked in gen pop, so I guess that’s a moot point. Luckily, Tara is there to defend him against all the other vampires. Except for that quiet queen-bee bitch that HBO has been waving seductively in front of our noses for the last few episodes. Who IS she? And why does she think she can stake a claim over Jason?
- Billith looks increasing like Tom Cruise in this episode. Are HBO having a dig at Scientology here? This is even funnier when you’ve seen the recent photo taken of Tom Cruise showing up at the True Blood table at Comic-Con 2013. You can check out Sam Trammell’s reaction here.
- Billith offers sympathy to the Bellefleur’s – his family – over the loss of Terry. Except we all know it’s just because he wants some fairy blood. Oh wait, was that a THREAT to Andy, Billith? I won’t kill your baby if you don’t kill mine? We don’t believe you Billy boy!
- HBO still can’t make a guy look any good in a wig. Although, Eric looking all Interview With a Vampire is probably the best attempt they’ve had so far
- Eric Northman cried like a girl
- Pam gets all hot and heavy with her therapist – to get into gen pop. What’s she up to?
- Billith tries
guiltto enlist Sookie to bring him Warlow. Will she do it?
So, what did you think of Episode 7, In the Evening?
You can view my Episode 8 recap here.
(Photo Credits: HBO Inc.)
- IN A NUTSHELL: True Blood Season 6, Episode 6 Recap (racheltsoumbakos.wordpress.com)