What did you think of HBO’s True Blood Season 6, Episode 4, entitled At Last? Didn’t get a chance to see it? Let me catch you up to speed on it then:
What went down:
- Ben (Robert Kazinsky) is Warlow! Like we didn’t see that coming. Nice to see he seems to have a bit of a conscience and saves Jason (Ryan Kwanten) for Sookie (Anna Paquin) though….
- Oh so Warlow is Lilith’s PROGENY. And he is the only one who can kill her according to Nora (Lucy Griffiths) and the misinterpreted Vampire Bible verse. So it’s a Billith vs Barlow battle then (thanks so much to http://ericandsookielovers.com for penning that term BTW)
- Nicole (Jurnee Smollett-Bell) learns what happens when you poke a stick at a werewolf: people die. Lucky Sam (Sam Trammell) is close by to ‘ease’ her pain…
- So we’re getting a ‘two-for-the-price-of-one’ war: Vamps vs. Humans and Were vs. Shifters thanks to Alcide (Joe Manganiello) going all alpha male on Sam
- Pam (Kristin Bauer van Straten) and Eric (Alexander Skarsgard) work out where Tara (Rutina Wesley) took Willa (Amelia Rose Blaire) – thank you very much maker magic…
- The fairy-babies read Terry’s (Todd Lowe) mangled mind
- Eric turns Willa. Who turns out to be AWESOME as a baby vamp. Up until Eric sends her home to daddy. Thanks to her fangbanger tendencies she didn’t realise she was just a pawn in the war until Eric broke it to her
- So Andy’s (Chris Bauer) fairy-babies grow boobs overnight and go all dumb-fairies-with-hormones. As a result Jessica (Deborah Ann Woll) and Billith (Stephen Moyer) abduct them. The shitty thing is that the pair of them are perfectly happy to abduct BABIES (Did anyone else hate Jessica more than Billith in this episode?)
- Fairy blood has a short attention span – who would have guessed? So Billith has to keep his fairy hostages alive in order to synthesise their blood. SO HE LEAVES A NEW VAMPIRE IN CHARGE OF THEM. What could possibly go wrong?!
- So Sookie works out Ben is Warlow. Donning her big girl panties she concocts a plan to get
naked with himbring the lying bastard down
- Jason and Niall (Rutger Hauer) work out the same thing at the same time. Their plan doesn’t work: Jason gets glamoured (did anyone else’s heart break while watching Jason cry over Granddaddy Niall?) and Niall gets sent to the icky dimension from whence Warlow came
- Ben/Warlow doesn’t seem to like ingesting blood
- Jason REALLY isn’t gay
- Sarah Newlin (Anna Camp) is fucking Governor Burrell (Arliss Howard) AND it looks like she might be pregnant…
- Oh, look, Sam’s a pony
- *high five* to the Obnoxious Counter Guy from Season 1, Episode 1 of HBO’s True Blood
- Jessica can eat fairies without getting high
- Nora gets arrested. Pam gets arrested. Ginger (Tara Buck) gets a free pass to the ominous ‘Camp’. Looks like Willa will too. Jessica and Billith get Andy’s attention for abducting his fairy-babies. Suddenly Billith’s vision is looking more likely…
- Sookie goes all fairy-light-balls on Barlow’s arse
So Episode 4, At Last, sure was a jam-packed one! Let me know what you thought by commenting below.
You can view my Episode 5 recap here.
(Photo Credits: HBO Inc.)
- IN A NUTSHELL: True Blood Season 6, Episode 3 Recap (racheltsoumbakos.wordpress.com)