What did you think of HBO’s True Blood Season 6, Episode 3, entitled You’re No Good? Didn’t get a chance to see it? Let me catch you up to speed on it then:
What went down:
- Eric (Alexander Skarsgard) does bad things to Willa (Amelia Rose Blaire). Well, he would, if security weren’t onto them. So he kidnaps her instead!
- Jason (Ryan Kwanten) is suddenly getting headaches – is it Warlow causing these?
Sookie (Anna Paquin) gets shitty at Niall (Rutger Hauer) because he thinks she isn’t scared of Warlow
- Willa is either gathering info for her father, or a VERY good liar. It seems she’s Team Vampire – and more so, Team Eric’s Blood when she owns up to the fact her mother kissed a vampire and liked it. She then tries to seduce him in his coffin. Either way, she will make an excellent
hostagenegotiating tool between Eric and Willa’s dad, Governor Burrell (Arliss Howard)
- Pam (Kristin Bauer van Straten) and Tara (Rutina Wesley) are shitty at Eric for taking Willa hostage. Eric spends a great deal of time in this episode yelling at them – am I the only one loving this dynamic?
Fuck me – it’s Steve Newlin (Michael McMillian)! He’s been taken to the mysterious ‘camp’ – which turns out to be some sort of
concentration camplaboratory for learning more about vampires
- Oh, and double fuck me – it’s Steve’s wife, Sarah (Anna Camp). Boy does she have some unresolved break up issues to sort out with Steve!
- Sam (Sam Trammell) gets help from Nicole (Jurnee Smollett-Bell). Which turns out to be a bit of a double-edged sword later on in the episode…
*SCREAMS* It’s Ginger (Tara Buck)! Who’s glad this ditzy blonde is back? And she’s just as confused as ever. After being ‘coerced’ into letting Eric, Willa, Pam and Tara into her house, she then proceeds to give them all a place to stay, answers Eric’s phone when she shouldn’t have and then has to side-track the Gov. when Eric’s untraceable phone is miraculously traced. Shit, hope Ginger isn’t the one Brian Buckner was talking about!
- Billith (Stephen Moyer) can walk in the sun – oh shit, no he can’t! Was is just me, or was this the funniest scene of the night? Delusional much, Bill? New name of the night goes to my husband who renamed Billith ‘Toolith‘ for thinking he’s cult-leader enough yet.
- Niall pays a visit to Club Fairy – it’s been attacked! Is Ben (Robert Kazinsky) okay? Or am I not the only one who is starting to think that maybe Ben is Warlow? Or at least being glamoured by Warlow? Niall is tasked with sending the only remaining living family back home. Oh, and why is that blood glowing like that? He takes some home to show Sookie and Jason
- Speaking of; Sookie and Jason are having a heart to heart about Jason’s racist ways
- Andy (Chris Bauer) and Holly (Lauren Bowles) get a bit of a look in this week. Oh, and Andy’s fairy kids are now pre-teen – and Billith finds out about them. The Toolith just got toolier!
- Alcide (Joe Manganiello) lies to the cops about having Emma (Chloe Noelle). So does Rikki (Kelly Overton) and Martha (Dale Dickey). Then Rikki becomes even more unlikeable when she forces Emma to shift into a puppy so the police don’t find her
- Oh look, Sam’s an owl!
- Ben and Niall meet. There’s some wicked talking between the lines going on in that conversation and then Ben pledges his alliance to Team Sookie. So Ben is good? Or is Niall an adherent to the adage ‘keep your friends close, but your enemies closer‘?
- Jessica (Deborah Ann Woll) dons a naughty schoolgirl costume and attends the lecture of Hido Takahashi (Keone Young). It seems he can synthesize human blood
- Speaking of blood – Billith wants Sookie’s hybrid human-fairy blood. He thinks it will save the vampires from the sun-meeting vision he had in Episode 2
- Nicole tries to get the werewolves on her side – it’s no surprise it ends badly. At least it gives Sam a chance to rescue Emma. And remember what I said about the double-edged sword? That comes into play here…
- Tara steals Willa
- Warlow makes an appearance. Oh wait, no, that’s just Nora (Lucy Griffiths)!
- But is Jason dead???????
Did anyone else think Episode 3, You’re No Good, fly by waaaaaaay too quickly? Yeah, me too – can’t WAIT for HBO’s True Blood Episode 4, entitled At Last!
You can view my Episode 4 recap here.
(Photo Credits: HBO Inc.)
- IN A NUTSHELL: True Blood Season 6, Episode 2 Recap (racheltsoumbakos.wordpress.com)