Boy, wasn’t HBO’s True Blood Season 6, Episode 2, entitled The Sun something else?! Let me catch you up to speed on it:
What went down?
- A contract that glows in the dark – what could possibly go wrong?! Warlow, it turns out…
- Jason (Ryan Kwanten) nearly shoots his fairy granddaddy – who ISN’T Warlow AND thinks Jason isn’t smart enough to bring Warlow down. Wow! he knows his grandchild well!
Tara (Rutina Wesley) got hit by silver bullet that emits UV light – oh crap! Pam (Kristin Bauer van Straten) gets all pissy at Nora (Lucy Griffiths) over this. Eric (Alexander Skarsgard) can’t stand his women folk fighting and leaves the room…
- Jessica (Deborah Ann Woll) wakes up to a tripped out Billith (Stephen Moyer). What freaks her out more is when Billith goes all catatonic. Iit’s okay though, he’s just having flashbacks (or visions or vamper blood-induced hallucinations) of Lilith (Jessica Clark). She has plenty to tell him but…
- …then Sookie (Anna Paquin) meets Ben (Robert Kazinsky) on the way to work. He’s just like her – a halfling. And it’s not just the sparks from Sookie’s fingertips that are flying in this scene!
- Merlottte’s has a busy day (which is a pain because they’re short staffed at the moment, what with Sookie still at home and all). First Patrick’s wife arrives and freaks Terry (Todd Lowe) out. Arlene (Carrie Preston) fixes it all up though when she lies about what happened to Patrick. (‘Yes, he left you lovie. Men are pigs.‘) Next Nicole (Jurnee Smollett-Bell) waltzes in and tries to get Sam (Sam Trammell) to jump on her shifter bandwagon.
- Bill is not a god. Only god is god even though people may worship Bill and Lilith as gods – WTF? Did I just change the channel to Church of the Damned?
- ‘Lilith’s merkin has taken on a life of it’s own. My prediction is that by Episode 9 she will be consumed by it.
- Andy’s (Chris Bauer) fairy kids are going through the terrible twos – Maurella doesn’t care and doesn’t return even though Andy begs
- Sookie gets pissy with Ben because he reads her mind – gee Sookie, hypocrite much?
- Niall and Sookie are fairy royalty. Jason isn’t though – apparently that dumb gene was stronger than we thought…
- Eric Northman looks good in ANYTHING!
Just when you thought it couldn’t get any weirder (or bendier) than sex with Lorena, Billith gets hungry. I’d spew right about now, but it’d just remind me too much of this scene *gags*
- Governor Burrell (Arliss Howard) has also developed anti-vampire-glamour contact lenses – shit just got real!
- Alcide (Joe Manganiello) is an ass – no he hasn’t gone all shapeshifter – he’s gone all alpha-male packmaster!
- Oh, and those ‘hallucinations’ Billith’s having – they’re real! Now he has to save all our fave vampires from death by frying!
So, there you have it, what went down in Episode 2, The Sun. Did I miss anything?
You can view my Episode 3 recap here.
(Photo Credits: HBO Inc.)
- IN A NUTSHELL: True Blood Season 6, Episode 1 Recap (racheltsoumbakos.wordpress.com)