The Season 6 premiere of HBO’s True Blood seemed to take FOREVER to arrive, but finally arrive it did!
On Sunday we got to see what happens when a vampire drinks the blood of Lilith and turns into a giant tampon!
But what else went down?
- EVERYONE was angry! Jason’s (Ryan Kwanten) pissy at the vampires because Warlow killed his parents. Sookie (Anna Paquin) is pissy at Billith (Stephen Moyer) for not being Bill any more. Pam (Kristin Bauer) is pissy with Eric (Alexander Skarsgard) for not being her maker any more and for forgetting to tell her she has a sister. Pam, actually, is pissy at everyone: Nora (Lucy Griffiths), Tara (Rutina Wesley), the beach, the world. So is Jessica (Deborah Ann Woll) for that matter.
- RIP Luna (Janina Gavankar). Just when you think it can’t get any suckier than shifting into Steve Newlin (Michael McMillian), she goes and dies on us! Sam (Sam Trammell) is now a surrogate dad, having to look after Luna’s daughter now – lucky he finds Lafayette (Nelsan Ellis) at Merlotte’s then!
- Speaking of kids – Andy (Chris Bauer) has a whole bunch of ’em now! An boy, oh boy, aren’t they growing fast!.
- Governor Burrell (Arliss Howard). Well, if The Walking Dead is anything to go by, someone better shoot him in the eye now! It seems he hates vampires – until he negotiates with the Tru Blood factory to start production again…
- Alcide (Joe Manganiello) is a pack master now. Apparently that involves having threesomes – who knew the job would be THAT tough?!
- Jason goes against all adult advice he may have been given and hitch-hikes back to Bon Temps (yeah, he’s also pissy with his sister for siding with the vamps). Enter Macklyn-Warlow-Niall-Brigant-Rutger-Hauer-David-Bowie-Wannabe. We’re not sure who Rutger Hauer is supposed to be, but apparently he knows Jason and Sookie AND Warlow. Or is he ACTUALLY Warlow? In fact, I’m just wondering if HBO are sitting back reading all the True Blood forums on this one – Hauer could go anyway, I think.
- Sookie stakes Billith. And Billith survives it!
- Eric loves Sookie. Sookie therefore rescinds his invitation. Even after he gives her back her house. Unfortunately Nora witnesses this and now I feel uncomfortable about it.
- Billith. Oh, Billith. He has great power now. It seems he is a little bewildered by it all too – except I’m not buying into it, not one little bit! Jessica does though. In the end we find three Liliths (Jessica Clark) appear (all with merkins the size of real live, ACTUAL beavers!) and jump into Billith – that can’t be good for your digestion, can it?
- Tara gets shot – not sure what with or how deadly it will be, but considering Brian Buckner recently announced a major character will die in Season 6, I’m starting to get antsy about this.
So, there you have it, what went down in Episode 1, Who Are You, Really? Did I miss anything?
You can view my Episode 2 recap here.
(Photo Credits: HBO Inc.)
- True Blood: The Time of Billith Has Come (acollectivemind.wordpress.com)
- True Blood: Season 6 Episode 1 “Who Are You, Really?” Recap (thedailyquirk.com)
- True Blood Season 6 PREMIERE Episode 1 “Who Are You, Really?” Recap (truebloodnet.com)