*UPDATED 02/04/2013 to reflect the actual deaths in Episode 16 of AMC’s The Walking Dead*
So, Rolling Stone magazine has made the claim that according to Andrew Lincoln (who plays Rick Grimes in AMC’s The Walking Dead), at least 27 characters will die in the season finale of The Walking Dead.
Now, I just did a very quick head count and according to Wikipedia, the total tally of known living characters is 26. Now, unless the Morales family (Juan Gabriel Pareja, Viviana Chavez, Maddie Lomax, Noah Lomax) return, along with Hershel’s horse, Nelly (Blade) and the nursing home crew (Neil Brown, Jr. & Noel Gugliemi), we have to assume that someone from Season 3 makes it out alive, so how many of these characters turn out to be zombies is yet to be seen.
Assuming a large chunk of the death count will be zombies, here are my predictions for who will die in the season finale.
Red – dead
Green – alive
Blue – Unknown
The Prison Crew:
Andrea (Laurie Holden)
- Hershel Greene (Scott Wilson)
- Beth Greene (Emily Kinney)
- Either Glenn (Steven Yeun) or Maggie (Lauren Cohan)
- Caesar Martinez (Jose Pablo Cantillo) – I think he will save Daryl Dixon (Norman Reedus) from certain death first though
- Eileen (Meaghan Caddy) – she’s the pregnant one (which means her death will count as two characters)
Milton Mamet (Dallas Roberts)
- Karen (Melissa Ponzio)
- Noah (Parker Wierling) – he’s the asthmatic son of Karen
Paul (E. Roger Mitchell)
The Tyreese Crew:
Allen (Daniel Thomas May)
- Morgan (Jones Lennie James) – unfortunately, I think he’ll show up in the wrong place at the wrong time
- Recurring zombie man – my prediction is that he will count towards three deaths
This puts my total tally at 17 (if you include recurring zombie man three times). While that takes a fair whack out of the human cast of The Walking Dead, it still leaves plenty of room for zombies!
Who are your predictions? Let me know in the comments below.
To celebrate (or commiserate) The Walking Dead season finale, the first part of my serial, Zombie Apocalypse Now! is FREE – but get in quick as it is for a LIMITED TIME only! You can purchase it from Amazon.com here and Amazon UK here.
Sources: Rolling Stone magazine – What’s Next for ‘The Walking Dead’?
Wikipedia – List of The Walking Dead (TV series) characters
(Photo credit: AMC)