**UPDATED: 9th September 2014**
So, yeah, it’s time to start up a new conspiracy theories page for Season 5 of AMC’s The Walking Dead. The Season 4 page is still up and being updated as there will be plenty of overlap, so you can still check it here.
But now it’s time to get this party started…
Black – Theory only, neither confirmed or denied yet
Red – Theory busted!
Green – Theory confirmed
Blue – Extra commentary
That Season 4 Cliffhanger Ending…
- Rick (Andrew Lincoln) has a plan. There is a lot of eyeballing going on between him and Carl (Chandler Riggs) before they end up in the train carriage. There is also substantial talking without talking between Carl, Daryl (Norman Reedus) and Michonne (Danai Gurira). Is it possible that Rick is finally gonna let his son be a grown up?
There has been plenty of talk about Terminus already and you can catch up on it all here. But, in a nutshell, these are the theories:
- They are all cannibals
- This is a safe haven to begin with, but someone will try to take it over (can anyone sayWoodbury all over again?)
- Terminus is a great place to live, so long as you pay your tithe to the community across the other side of town
- The men from Daryl’s new group are from Terminus
- The country club that Daryl and Beth visited is tied in with Terminus somehow
- Terminus is experimenting on a cure, hence why we see the pile of human bones in the Season 4 finale
- ‘A’ means arrivals. ‘D’ means departures in Terminus. Could the departures be people being eaten or experimented on?
- Will be worse than the Governor (David Morrissey)
- Is just the puppet master of Mary (Denise Crosby)
- Is actually a good guy
- She’s the ringleader at Terminus.
- She’s really Lizzie’s (Brighton Sharbino) mum
- She’s the woman in the house Carl and Michonne ransacked in Season 4, Episode 11 (entitled Claimed)
- Beth is already in Terminus
- Beth is the grilled meat on the BBQ Mary is tending
- Beth was abducted by the leader of Terminus and she is now being held as a sex slave
- According to Examiner.com, the Beth story arc will be a drawn out process. If this is true, it is possible she is not the BBQ meal.
- Beth has been kidnapped by the TV version of Father Gabriel (a comic book character)
- Terminus and the hospital Beth is at are interlinked
- The hospital Beth is at is experimenting with cures
Carol and Tyreese
- They were the first caught and are already in Terminus
- They are currently watching Terminus and have seen what is going on, so will hatch a plan to get everyone out.
- Carol was the meat being served up by Mary in Season 4, Episode 15 (entitled Us).
Daryl & Carol
- Yet another season with zero action *sigh*
- Daryl Dixon (Norman Reedus) will reveal he is gay. While Robert Kirkman is the source of this rumour and we all know what a troll he can be when it comes to messing with fans heads, the showrunner, Scott Gimple, has now added merit to this theory after he revealed there would be a gay character revealed in Season 5.
- Carol is so relieved to see Daryl again after she rescues him from Terminus that she forces herself onto him (well, there is a lot of 50 Shades of Grey movie hype going on at the moment…)
Do you have any new theories for Season 5 of AMC’s The Walking Dead that you’d like to share? If so, please let me know in the comment below!
- Since Judith was born as her mother was dying, she is immune to the zombie virus (Thanks to Eva for this theory :-D )
- Bob Stookey was involved in the helicopter crash we saw in Season 4, Episode 1.
- Carl Grimes (Chandler Riggs) will lose an eye just like he did in the comic books the TV show is based on.
- Glenn (Steven Yeun) will die in Season 5. There is now speculation running rife that Glenn will lose his life like he did in the comic books. While only time will tell, there are a few indications suggesting this could happen. Recently Alanaa Masterson (Tara) tweeted that someone ‘great’ was gone – could she have been referring to Glenn? Adding to the fuel is The Spoiling Dead claiming on their Facebook page that Steven Yeun had an emotional goodbye after filming one night. Personally, I would bet my money on the fact that if we find out Maggie (Lauren Cohen) is pregnant after their recent reunion, you can bet one of the pair will die – no one ever gets to be happy for long on The Walking Dead!
In previous seasons there were a few recurring zombies. Let me know if you spot any in Season 5 and I will add them to the recurring zombie page.
None found yet.
The Spoiling Dead – Facebook page
(Photo Credits: AMC/Rachel Tsoumbakos/Dead Talk)
- THE WALKING DEAD: Conspiracy Theories for Season 4 (racheltsoumbakos.wordpress.com)
- THE WALKING DEAD: What Kind of Hell is Terminus Anyway? (racheltsoumbakos.wordpress.com)
- The Walking Dead Storylines – Conspiracy Theories or Plot Bunnies (racheltsoumbakos.wordpress.com)
- Some Stuff and Things to do until The Walking Dead Season 5 (racheltsoumbakos.wordpress.com